It’s been a hectic month, with two vacations and lots of travel. I’ve spent countless hours on airplanes, but sadly, not the kind you can jump out of. The end result: I’ve only logged six jumps in the past 30 days. Bummer.
These are the signs of my increasingly obsessive behavior and its sad consequences:
1) I know exactly how many jumps I’ve accrued in the past 30 days. (Well, I guess that’s pretty normal for a newbie like me.)
2) I spent ten days in a tropical and exotic place (Okinawa, Japan) where I climbed a waterfall, camped on the beach, rode a Ferris wheel, and went snorkling, yet feel the trip was missing something because there was no sky jump. (There is no DZ on the island or I would have gone!)
3) I was yapping endlessly about skydiving to people around the world. People feigned interest. I didn’t care. I yapped away.
4) Every time I flew in a commercial plane I wanted to click my seat belt through my (non-existent) harness.
5) My dropzone friends barely recognize me. I think they might be calling me a whuffo behind my back.
6) I kept nearly driving off the road because I wanted to see all the cloud formations and then daydream about my plans to fly around them.
7) 46.3 % of my vacation photos feature cloud formations. Really.
8) I brought a copy of Parachutist with me everywhere in case there would be a good location to shoot a “I took my Parachutist to…” pic to submit for publication. (And yes, I do have some fun potential submissions.)
9) I checked this blog obsessively to see what you all were up to. Look at how we’ve grown! Awww. So sweet.
So, I’m back. My A License is complete. The DZ beckons. The Mary stories will resume.
1 thought on “Nine Signs of Obsession”
Mary, I love the pic =)
I’m glad to see that you’re back in the skies, and I’m fairly sure that from now on you’re gonna start planning your vacations around opportunities to skydive.